Follow us on Pinterest for tons of great kids activities and ideas.
This week we are showcasing
"10 Rock Activities"
Rocks are a favourite material at our place and are often used in a variety of sensory activities or imaginative play scenes. We have a large tub full of smooth black river rocks that we purchased for a few dollars from a place that sells garden supplies. Here in Australia places like Bunnings, The Reject Shop, Big W, etc. all stock them and won't set you back much for enough to play with. Here are a bunch of fun activities and ideas we found for playing and learning with rocks.
1. Alphabet Rocks from Thrive 360 Living
2. Cleaning rocks sensory play from Learn with Play at Home
3. Make a face emotion stones from Where Imagination Grows
4. Tumble painting with rocks from Motherhood on a Dime
5. Rock Art project from Mosswood Connections
6. 5 little ducks. Nursery rhyme and rock craft. from Red Ted Art
7. Story stones from Happy Hooligans
8. Counting and sorting with love bugs from Where Imagination Grows
9. Treasure Rocks from Learn with Play at Home
10. Mini construction site from Squiggles and Bubbles
Congratulations if you were featured. You can grab a Featured Button here.
Have you seen our e-book especially for Preschoolers? Get your copy today.
You may also be interested in last week's post, 8 Activities for Preschoolers.
Now for the Tuesday Tots link-up
Announcement: In order to keep up with the demands of our own households and also those of our readers, Cerys (from Rainy Day Mum), Ness (from One Perfect Day) and myself, have decided to open the Tuesday Tots link up to play ideas, activities and child related posts suitable from birth to teens.
Where once we only shared ideas for those under the age of 5, we will now be sharing activities, ideas and posts for a larger range of ages/abilities. We look forward to seeing all the new material that is linked up from talented bloggers worldwide and featuring our top picks for the week.
Be sure to check back on all the fabulous ideas that are linked up each week starting on a Tuesday. It is from these linkups that we choose posts to feature.
(please read the guidelines before linking up)
Look where else we are. Are you following along? :)
New Here? Subscribe to get all activities sent directly to you