Hi there and welcome to Learn with Play at Home.
I am Deborah (Debs). I work full-time as a Primary School teacher in the Junior Years. (Currently, I'm teaching Prep/Foundation/Kindergarten)
|This is how old my children were when I started writing this blog!
I started this blog while I was on family leave from Primary School Teaching (BEd). I absolutely loved my time at home with my son and daughter. We live in Melbourne, Australia.
Why did you start this blog?I started this blog for a number of reasons:
- To help other parents/carers find easy ways to keep their kids entertained and learning at home
- To share handy tips and suggestions based on my experience and education to help get the most learning out of regular fun!
- To demonstrate the importance and value of Play Based Learning
- To document the everyday activities we get up to and as a portfolio for my return to teaching
- To keep up to date with Early Years education, further my own knowledge, write activities also suitable for the classroom and to connect with others in the same profession
So, where to start?
If you're new to Learn with Play at home, below are some fun activities to get you started.
Simply click on the picture to take you to the post. You will also find all our activities categorised here.
I strongly believe that...Childhood should be fun and that learning is a massive part of childhood...so, while we are learning all the time, we might as well make it fun!
I am thoroughly enjoying taking my teaching training and philosophies and implementing those into giving my children the best start to their lives and education as I can.
I hope you can find something useful here and please contact me if you have any queries.
|Blessed to have the love and support of my awesome family
"Children learn best when entertained greatly while being educated gently." (Anon)
New Here? Subscribe to get all activities sent directly to you
Disclaimer: The opinions shared in this blog are my own and not necessarily those of others in the teaching profession or the VIT(Victorian Institute of Teaching).